- Geografi ; natur
; klima ; demografi ;
historie ; ophørte fredsbevægelser ; ophørte politiske partier ; ophørte sociale bevægelser ;
krige ; kultur ;
biblioteker ; kunst ; film; musik ; musikorganisationer ;
folkemusik ; jazz ;
pop ; rock ;
musiklitteratur ; politik:
indenrigspolitik ; udenrigspolitik ; præsidenter ;
regering ; lovgivende forsamling ; valg ; militær ;
efterretningstjenester ; aktuelle politiske
partier 2010 ; aktuelle
fredsbevægelser ; religion ;
aktuelle sociale bevægelser ; sociale forhold ; uddannelse
; universiteter ;
økonomi ; våbenhandel.
- Geography; Nature; Climate; Demography; History: Ceased peace
movements; Discontinued political parties; Ceased social movements;
Wars; Culture: Libraries; Art; film; Music; Music organizations;
Folk music; Jazz; Pop; Rock; Music literature; Policy: Domestic
policy; Foreign policy; Presidents; Government; Legislative
assembly; Elections; Military; Nukes; Intelligence services;
Current political parties 2010; Current peace movements; Religion;
Current social movements; Social conditions ; Education;
Universities; Economy; Arms trafficking.
- Den første amerikanske værnepligt i USA kom i
forbindelse med den amerikanske
borgerkrig (1861-1865), hvor
både Nordstaterne og Sydstaterne indførte almindelig
værnepligt som sidst blev afskaffet i forbindelse med
afslutningen af Vietnamkrigen. USAs militærnægtere
organiserede sig først og fremmest under første og
anden verdenskrig, Koreakrigen og Vietnamkrigen. En stor del af
arkiverne fra de amerikanske krigsmodstandere og deres
organisationer er på Swarthmore
College Peace Collection. Aktuelt er der ikke værnepligt
i USA, men hvervning af professionelle soldater. Dette
indebærer, at der nu er få organisationer som
hovedsagelig beskæftiger sig med
US CO organizations
- The first compulsory military service or the draft in the U.S.
came during the American Civil War (1861-1865), where both the
North and the South introduced ordinary conscription who was
eventually abolished in connection with the end of the Vietnam War.
U.S. conscientious objectors organized primarily during the First
and Second World War, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. A large
part of the archives of the American war opponents and their
organizations are at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection.
Currently there is no conscription in the U.S., but the recruitment
of professional soldiers. This implies that there are now few
organizations which mainly deals with conscientious objection.
A | B | C | D | E
| F | G | H | I | J
| K | L | M | N | O
| P | Q | R | S | T
| U | V | W | X | Y
- A Separate Peace: Draft and Military Counseling Service,
- Absolutist War Objectors Association, New York, 1944-1946
herunder the Eichel Family Papers, 1916-ff.
- Ad Hoc Committee for Draft Alternatives, 1968
- Advisory Board for Conscientious Objectors, 1942-1943
- Alabama Peace Society, 1861-? Se: Georgia Lee Tatum: Disloyalty
in the Confederacy, 2000.
- Alasaka Draft Resistance
- Alliance for Conscientious Objectors, 1970-1974
- Alternatives to the Military and Draft Resisters Defense
Committee, Dearborn, MI, 1990
- American Civil Liberties Union
National Committee on Conscientious Objectors, 1940-1946
- Americans Against the Draft, 2005?.?
- American Deserters Committee, 1968-1969
- American War Objectors League, 1939-1943
- Amnesty Information and Action Center, Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Draft, GI & Vets Counseling Center, Ann Arbor,
- Anti-Conscription League, 1940-?
- Anti-Draft Coalition. Se: Los Angeles Anti-Draft Coalition,
1966? og Progressive Labor Party & the Black Anti-Draft
- Anti-Enlistment League, New York, 1915-?
- April Six Action Committee, 1943
- Arkansas Peace Society of 1861 se: The Arkansas Historical
Quarterly, VOl. XVII, Spring, 1958, No. 1, page 82. Se tillige:
Izard County Peace Society og Mill Creek Peace Organization
Society, 1861-? Arkiv: Kie Oldham Collection, at the Arkansas
- http://www.couchgenweb.com/civilwar/peacelst1.html og
- Aroostock Draft Counseling, Houlton, ME, 1990-2010
- Atlantic Committee Against Registration and the Draft,
- Association of Catholic Conscientious Objectors, 1940-1946
- AWOL eller Anti-War Organizing League, Cambridge, MA,
- Bay Area Network Against Militarism and the Draft
- Berkeley Anti-Draft Association, 1980-1981?
- Berkeley Draft Counseling Center, 1981?-1992? Joe McDonald:
Healing from the War: Building the Berkeley Vietnam Veterans
Memorial. From The Vietnam War on Campus: Other Voices, More
Distant Drums edited by Marc Jason Gilbert. Praeger, 2001. -
- Big Flats Defense Committee
- Black Anti-Draft Union, 1966?-?
- Black Veterans for Social Justice, Brooklyn, NY , 1990
- Boston Alliance Against Registration and the Draft, 1980-1981
Paul M. Barrett: A Deceiving Lull In The Registration Battle.
Harvard Crimson, September 12, 1980
- Boston Anti-Draft Legal Defense Fund
- Boston Draft Resistance Group, 1967?-1968?
- Burlington Area Draft Counselors, Westford, VT, 1990
- Central Committee for Conscientious
- Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors, Oakland, CA,
- Charlottesville Draft Action
- Charlottesville Draft Opposition
- Charlottesville Draft Resistance
- Chicago Area Draft Resisters, 1967?-1975? Se også: Jeff
- Chicago Coalition Against Registration & the Draft
- Citizens Concerned About the Draft, 1980?-?
- Citizens Committee for the Anti-Draft Measure, 1980
- Civilian Public Service Camp No. 2, Administered by American
Friends Service Committee, 1941-1942 ?
- Civilian Public Service Union, 1944-1946
- Civilian Public Service Unit No. 104, Ames, Iowa, 1944. Se:
Anniversary Report, Civilian Public Service Unit #104 - 19 pp
- Clergy & Laity Concerned's Youth & Military Committee,
Duluth, MN, 1990
- CO Department of Peace, Boulder, Colorado
- Coalition Against Conscription, New York Mobilization for
- Coalition Against Registration and the Draft, 1979-1992
- Coalition for Alternatives to Militarism In Our Schools, S.
Pasadena, CA - http://www.militaryfreeschools.org/
- Coalition of American War Resisters in Canada, 1973-1975
- Columbia Draft Collective, 1971-?
- Committee Against Extension of Conscription, New York,
1941-1942? Se: Conscription and Liberty - 23 pp.
- Committee Against Peacetime Conscription, 1944-1945
- Committee for Action on Demobilization, 1945-?
- Committee for Amnesty For All Objectors To War and
- Committee for Draft Resistance, San Francisco, CA
- Committee for Conscientious Objectors
- Committee for Equality of All Draftees
- Committee for GI Rights, New York
- Committee for Legal Research on the Draft, 1973
- Committee for the Universal Recognition of Conscientious
Objection to Military Service
- Committee of Families and Friends of Imprisoned Conscientious
- Committee of 100 Friends of Conscientious Objection, 1919
- Committee on Drafting Youth, 1942
- Committee on South African War Resistance, 1988
- Committee Opposed to Militarism and the Draft -
- Committee to End Slave Labor in America, Glendora (Calif.),
- Committee to Oppose the Conscription of Women eller the
National Committee to Oppose the Conscription of Women senere the
Women's Committee to Oppose Conscription, 1942-1948
- Committee to Oppose the Austin-Wadsworth Bill, 1943
- Committee to Resist the Draft, San Francisco, CA
- Common Sense for Hard Times, West Cornwall, CT
- Communication Group on Conscription and Amnesty
- Community Draft and Military Counseling Service, Pittsburgh PA,
- Community of Resistance eller Community Peacemakers,
- Conscientious Objectors for Equal Treatment
- Conscientious Objectors for Service Benefits senere the
Alliance for Conscientious Objectors, 1970-1974
- Courage to Resist 2007-.
- Delaware Draft Counseling & Education Service, Inc.
- Draft Action, Washington, DC, 1982-1984
- Draft and Military Project, Silver Spring, MD, 1991
- Draft Counseling and Information Center, Madison, Wis.,
- Draft Counseling Association, Cleveland, 1969-1972
- Draft Counseling Service, 1980-1983
- Draft Counselors’ Umbrella Group
- Draft Info. Group
- Draft Information Center/American Friends Service Committee,
Tucson, AZ , 1990
- Draft Registration Freeze Initiative -
- Draft Information & Counseling Association of New Jersey
- Evanston Against Registration & the Draft, IL
- Fellowship of Ethical Pacifists, 1957-1972? Se også:
American Ethical Union
- Felons for Peace, Berkeley, CA
- Federal Council of Churches, Committee on the Conscientious
- Finger Lakes Draft and Military Counselors, Rose Valley Farm,
Rose NY, 1990
- Finger Lakes Military Counseling & Information Center
- Friends Committee on National Legislation, 1940-.
- Georgetown University Students Against Registration and the
- Grass Valley Mobilization Against the Draft, CA
- General Board of Church and Society of The United Methodist
- Greater Philadelphia Committee Against Peacetime
- Griffic Peace Community, Rome NY, 1990
- Hampshire Anti-Draft Coalition, Hampshire College. Amherst MA,
- Illinois Council to Repeal the Draft - Illinois Council to
Repeal the Draft records, 1962-1975 (bulk 1971-1973). Chicago
History Museum, Research Center
- 'The Illinois Council to Repeal the Draft (ICRD) was an affiliate
of National Council to Repeal the Draft. It was organized on Feb.
16, 1971, in the American Civil Liberties Union Conference, Room 6,
South Clark St., Chicago (Ill.), at call of Kale Williams,
executive secretary, American Friends Service Committee, Illinois
and Wisconsin; David W. McCreath, director, Commission on Community
Resources, Church Federation of Greater Chicago; and Jay A. Miller,
executive director, American Civil Liberties Union, Illinois
Division. The meeting was called for “organizing an Illinois
campaign to repeal the draft as part of the national effort”
(memorandum of Feb. 5, 1971.)'
- International Voluntary Service
- Jewish Peace Fellowship, 1941-. -
- John Brown Education Project, 1974
- Kansas Anti-Draft Organization
- Liberty War Objectors' Association, Boston, 1939-1943 -
- Los Angeles: Anti-Draft Coalition, 1966?
- Los Angeles Council Committee to COs
- Los Angeles Draft Resistance Support Committee, 1983
- Manhatten Anti Conscription League, 1917-?
- Mass Open Resistance, 1982-1984
- Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute, Anti-War Collections,
- Mennonite Central Committee, 1918-., herunder Mennonite Church,
Peace Problems Committee, 1917-?
- Metropolitan Board for Conscientious Objectors 1940-1970?
- Michigan Council for Conscientious Objectors
- Michigan Labor Committee Against Peace-time Conscription
- Midwest Committee for Military Counseling, Chicago, IL,
- Midwest Office of the Central Committee for Conscientious
herunder Midwest Committee for Military Counseling
- Military Law Panel, San Diego, CA, 1990
- Military Law Task Force, the National Lawyers Guild, San Diego,
CA, 197?-. http://nlgmltf.org/
- Minnesota Draft Help, Walker Methodist Church, 1971-? Se
også: Blue Door Counseling, Walker Methodist Church,
- Mobilization Against the Draft (MAD) of Northern California,
- Mobilization for Survival, New York, 1979-1986
- Mothers against the draft 2005-?
- Movement Against the Draft (MAD),: Charlottesville, Virginia,
- National Anti-Draft Network, 1980
- National Black Antiwar Antidraft Union, 1968-?
- National Council Against Conscription, Washington DC,
1944-1960. Se: New Evidence of the Militarization of America: A
Report Issued by the National Council Against Conscription by Pearl
Buck, Louis Bromfield, Albert Einstein, W.J. Millor, S.J. Victor
Reuther, Ray Lyman Wilbur, et al. - Washington: The National
Council Against Conscription, 1949
- National Council Against Peacetime Conscription, senere the
National Council Against Conscription 1944-1960
- National Council for Conscientious Objectors, 1940-1943? Se
også: United Pacifist Committee og A. J. Muste
- National Council for Universal Unconditional Amnesty
- National Council to Repeal the Draft, 1970-?
- National Lawyers Guild: Military Law Task Force, 1980-1982
- National Network Opposing the Militarization of Youth, South
- National Organization for the Rights of Military Service
Members, Las Vegas, NV, 1990
- National Resistance Committee, San Francisco, CA, 1968-1990?,
herunder: Berkeley Resistance, 1968-1983 samt deres Draft
Resisters’ Defense Fund og Emergency Response Network,
desforuden følgende tilsluttede organisationer:
Boston Draft Resistance Coalition/Committee, 1981-1982
Campus Resistance, Berkeley, CA
Campus Draft Opposition, Berkeley, CA
CIRCLE – Draft Resistance, Portland, OR
Earlham Resistance, Richmond, IN
East Bay Resistance, 1969-1973
Fresno Resistance, CA
Madison Resistance / Madison Draft Resistance Coalition,
Mass Open Resistance / Boston Area Resistance
Santa Cruz Resistance, CA
Upstate Resistance, NY, 1981-1987
Se tillige: Edward Hasbrouck.- http://hasbrouck.org/draft/
- National Service Board for Religious
1940 senere the Interreligious Service Board for Conscientious
Objectors, Washington, DC, 1979. Nu Center on Conscience &
- New Hampshire Draft Counselors Association
- New York Anti Draft Coalition, 1975?-? - Joel Meyers: 4
Comrades Expelled from Workers World Party, Join IWP International
Worker, February 1975
- New York Bureau of Legal First Aid senere New York Bureau of
Legal Advice, 1917-1919
- New York State Committee to Oppose Conscription of Men and
- No Business As Usual, San Francisco, CA, 1985-1986
- No Conscription League,
- Northern California Committee to Oppose Conscription
- Northern California Service Board for Conscientious
- Northern Lights Affinity Group, VT
- Northwest Draft Counseling Center, Portland, OR, 1984
- Northwest Military and Draft Counseling Center, Portland, OR,
- Organizing Committee for Enlisted People's Union, 1977
- Pacific Counseling Service, 1969-1972
- Palmetto GI Counseling Service, Columbia, SC, 1990
- Palo Alto Committee Against Conscription
- Parents Against the Draft, 1962
- Parents Against the Draft, 2004-?
- Parents Against the Draft, Brookline Village, MA
- Parents Against Registration and Draft, Bloomfield, CT,
- Parents and Friends Against the Draft, Berkeley, CA
- Patriots Against Registration and the Draft, Chicago, IL,
- People Against the Draft
- Philadelphia Committee for Amnesty for All Objectors to
- Philadelphia Council for Conscientious Objectors,
- Portland Military and Veterans Counseling Center, OR
- Pre-Enlistment Options & Information Service, SilverSpring
- Project on Youth and Non-Military Opportunities, Encinitas CA,
1984 - http://www.projectyano.org/
- Raza Draft Counseling Center, Fruitvale, CA, 1982?-?
- Refuser Solidarity Network, 2003-?
- The Resistance, 1967-1968
- Resist Conscription Committee, 1948
- San Diego Committee Against Registration and the Draft, 1982?-.
Nu the Committee Opposed to Militarism and the Draft
- San Diego County Draft Resisters Defense Fund, 1982-1988
- San Jose Draft Information Center, San Jose, CA
- San Diego Draft Resisters Defense Fund
- SCREAM: The Paul Jacob Action Group, 1986-1987
- Seattle Draft Counseling Center, WA
- Selective Service Law Panel of Los Angeles, 1981?
- Shut Down Selective Service: October 18 Resistance Campaign,
- SOS National GI Assistance Project, 1984
- South African Military Refugee Aid Fund, New York, 1982
- Southwest Regional Draft Counseling Association
- Stanford Against Conscription, CA, 1979-1982
- Stanford Anti-Draft Union, CA
- Student Coalition Against the Draft eller Students United
Against the Draft, 1980?
- Student Draft Information Center, Dodge Hall Group,
- Students Against Registration and the Draft, MA, 1980?-?
- Students Against Selective Service, University of Minnesota,
- Swarthmore College Draft Resisters Union, 1967-?
- Syracuse Peace Council/Upstate Resistance, Syracuse, NY,
- Task Force Against Conscription, Des Moines, IA
- Task Force on Youth and Militarism, Chloe, WV, 1990
- Temporary Committee for Legal Aid to Conscientious Objectors,
- Teenagers Against the Draft
- Thurston County Draft Counseling Center, Lacey, WA, 1990
- Tidewater Draft Counseling, Inc., Norfolk, VA, 1982?-?
- Tule Lake Committee, 2978-.
- Tuscon Draft Resistance
- Twin Cities Stop the Draft Committee, Minneapolis, MN
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, Conscientious
Objector Program, 1968-1972
- Veterans for Draft Resistance, San Francisco, CA
- Washington Area Coalition Against Registration and the
- Washington Truth in Recruiting
- West Coast Lawyers Selective Service Panel
- Westchester Peoples Action Coaltition, WhitePlains, NY,
- Wisconsin Draft Resistance Union, 1967
- Women Opposed to Registration and the Draft, Cambridge, MA. Se
også tidsskriftet Feminism: The Hope for a Future, American
Friends Service Committee
- Women's Committee to Oppose Conscription, 1942-1948
- Young Friends of North America: Committee on Conscription,
- Youth Against Militarism Project of Friends for a Nonviolent
World, Minneapolis, MN, 1990
- Youth Against Registration and the Draft
- Se også: American Deserters Committee of Montreal, Canada ; American Deserters Committee
Stockholm, Sweden ; John James Audubon ; AWOL ; Civilian
Public Service ; Military Census Bureau ; New York City draft
riots, 1863 ; Ophørte
fredsbevægelser ; USA: Historie ; Archives of Maryland
conscientious ; Lusk udvalget:
Joint Legislative Committee to Investigate Seditious Activities ;
Special Commission on Military Education and Reserve ; Toronto
American Deserters Committee senere the Committee to Aid Refugees
from Militarism ; The Union of American Exiles, Toronto ; United
States Pacifist Party ; War Manpower Commission ; Women for Peace,
Terp, Holger: Peace in
Terp, Holger: Goliath vs
Vietnam War Resisters in Canada : A Guide to Web Sites,
Attorneys/groups who'll help you get out!: Youth and Militarism
Sir! No Sir! - The Suppressed Story of the GI Movement to End the
War in Vietnam.
Supplementary Detailed Staff Reports on Intelligence Activities and
the Rights of Americans Book III. Final Report of the Select
Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to
Intelligence Activities United States Senate April 23 (under
authority of the order of April 14), 1976.
Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights, Committee on the Judiciary,
United States Senate: Army Surveillance of Civilians: A Documentary
Analysis. 1972, 92d Congress, 2d session, 1972.
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary.
Subcommittee on Administrative Practice and Procedure: Selective
service and amnesty; hearings ... Ninety-Second Congress, second
session ... February 28, 29, March, 1, 1972 (1972).
Kleber, Victor: Selective service in Illinois, 1940-1947 : a
complete history of the operation of the Selective Service System
in Illinois from its inception on September 16, 1940 to its
termination on March 31, 1947. - [Springfield]: Printed by
authority of the state of Illinois, 1948. - 519 s.
Amnesty and Pardon for Political Prisoners. / : United
States Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary, Thomas
Sterling - Washington : Govt. print. off., 1921. - 213 pp. ;
Including WWI Draft cases, Convictions, Date of sentence and
Judgment pp. 107 ff.).
National service (1917). - 499 pp.
Armed Forces Security Questionnaire. / : Central Committee
for Conscientious Objectors. - Philadelphia : 1962. - 5 s.
United States. Provost Marshal General's Bureau: Rules and
regulations prescribed by the President for local and district
boards under the authority vested in him by the terms of the act of
Congress to authorize the President to increase temporarily the
military establishment of the United States, approved May, 18, 1917
Sanger, Samuel : The olive branch of peace and good will to men
anti-war history of the Brethren and Mennonites, the peace people
of the South, during the civil war, 1861-1865 (1907).
Friends, Society of. Philadelphia Yearly meeting: Report of the
committee of the Meeting for sufferings, to advise and assist such
Friends as might be drafted for military service. Also the report
of the committee for the gradual improvement and civilization of
the Indian natives, 1865. - 30 pp.
Amendatory Enrolment Act, approved the 24th of the 2d month,
Se: House Documents, Otherwise Publ. as Executive Documents: 13th
Congress, 2d ... (1864).
Virginia. Supreme Court of Appeals: Opinion of the Supreme Court of
Appeals of Virginia : in regard to liability to military service of
the principals of substitutes (1864) - 26 pp.
Confederate States of America, Bureau of Conscription: The
following act of Congress is published for the information of all
concerned : An act to repeal certain clauses of an act entitled, An
act to exempt certain persons from military service .. Richmoind,
Va.: Parrish & Willingham. Confederate imprints May 14, 1863. -
Confederate States of America. Congress. House of Representatives:
A bill to be entitled An Act to exempt certain persons from
military duty, and to repeal An Act entitled "An Act to exempt
certain persons from enrolment for service in the Army of the
Confederate States," approved twenty-first April, eighteen hundred
and sixty-two (1862) -, 12 pp..
Confederate States of America. Army. District of Texas. Conscript
Service: Orders, no., 13 (1862). - 6 pp.
Obituary: Minneapolis pacifist went to prison three times for
/ : Randy Furst Star Tribune April 10, 2017.
Orin Doty came from an antiwar family, and he lived his
He went to prison three times: twice for opposing the draft and
refusing to serve during the Korean War, a third time for not
paying his taxes to protest the U.S. military budget.
The Minnesota’s four Doty brothers, accompanied by their
kommentar, email eller søg i